Thursday, August 14, 2008

What Do I Want To Be When I Grow Up?

With the disolving of my current Employer, I have to ponder this question...over and over several hundreds of times through out the day. Today I decided to take a color test. I'm sure you are thinking - RIGHT! Like that would really work. Here is the interesting part...it kind of makes more sense than I could ever have thought. Here are a few snippets:

Best Occupational Category
You're a CREATOR

Key Words:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

2nd Best Occupational Category
You're an ORGANIZER
Key Words:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate

These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

Sounds just like me...but then, a friend of mine took it too...and she's the same as me although she doesn't consider herself creative..so in reality, we both just like the same colors! Oh well...it was something fun to do today, while I search for a job, wind down my current job and wonder 'what comes next' for me. I really hate going through this again, almost as much as marking the '36-40' in the age category. Just another reminder that I am getting old! I'm not typically too focused on age and appearance, but this latest news has me face to face with some concepts I had been able to avoid until now.

So wish me luck...What Do I want to be???