Monday, February 16, 2009

Kids...

I really didn't have a clue that raising kids was going to be THIS hard! It seems like it is a constant battle. A battle over time, hair, clothes, food, friends, school, phones, etc. Is there NOTHING that we can agree on?

I try to be 'ok' with so many things...and then I find myself feeling absolutely taken advantage of and 'played'. I find myself saying things that I swore I would never say. Doing things I swore I would never do! It's so frustrating. But, at the same time, I would do anything for them! I want them to always have everything they want and need, but I also want them to be grateful for what they have! There is MY biggest problem.

How do you teach them graciousness, when they have never truly 'gone with out'. How can they be grateful for what they have, when they have never known any different? We give and give and give. We want the best for them, better than what we had. But, then we become angry when they don't appreciate the sacrifices we make and what we give them.

I guess I still need a Parenting 101 class. I either missed it, or failed it. I'm sure my kids will get back to me soon on how badly I have failed it! It amazes me that anyone can have kids, and I do believe that most try to do the best we can! But, what if our best isn't good enough?