Friday, July 18, 2008

In The Beginning

I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember, only it's become increasingly hard to find the time to write as often as I would like. So, now I have a 'blog'. I have no idea what will find it's way onto this page. Random thoughts...and me finding a way to work out some of the 'drama' and 'chaos' of this ride they call 'Life'.

I guess some background on me might be helpful. I am a 37 year old wife and mother of 3. Chris (my soulmate) and I have been married for almost 15 years! In this day and age, that is quite an accomplishment. This is our first (and only) marriage! While we have definitely had our ups and downs...I wouldn't change anything if given the opportunity. We have grown up with each other, learned from each other and through every memory, we have loved each other. What more can you ask for from such a partnership??

And yes, all three kids are ours as well. Ryan Christopher just turned 14 this month. I have a feeling he will be a major source of inspiration (and irritation) as I write here. Abigail Catharine will be 11 next month. What they say about 'you reap what you sew', well that phrase was coined for me in her! And Jakob Mathews will be 10 this Fall. He is proof that there is a God in Heaven who does watch down on us all. And that he never gives us more than we can handle. He's not perfect, but he's a good combination of Chris and I.

I work full time as a computer software engineer. I have had the luxury of working from home for the past 3 and a half years. I LOVE the flexibility my job offers. I get to see my kids in the morning off to school and then be here when they get home in the afternoons. Most days I can do all the running around that is required - but occasionally (and lately a lot more) I find myself tied to my desk due to conference calls and meetings. However, technology affords me all this flexibility, so I can't really complain too much.

We have a sweet puppy named Presley. She's a mess...but a beautiful mess. She is so cute you almost forget how many times she's peed in the hall or pooped in Abbie's room. But, when she chews up ANOTHER pair of shoes she doesn't appear so cute at the moment!

So come back and see me soon...I'll try to start writing as often as I can. Time is something I don't have a lot of around here...but the writing is for me, so I will try to make it a priority!