Monday, July 21, 2008

Strike 3 - I'm OUT!!

Even when you know something is going to happen, when it finally does, I don't think you are quite prepared for it. Atleast that is how I am. I see things pretty clearly, for what they are. I try to approach everything realistically and logically. And then it happens, and everything seems to fall apart.



I have had the most awesome job for the last 3 years and 6 months. I get to do work that I LOVE - and I get to work from home. For all you working Mom's out there, this IS the creme de la creme! I see my kiddos at breakfast, lunch and dinner! I'm ALWAYS here! I may be on the phone or busy 'hard at work', but the most important thing, is that I am HERE! I travelled 100% off and on for 3 years, so being home has been the greatest thing. But, like all GREAT things, they must come to an end!!

The powers that be, have decided that our 'division' which is really a Company for all intent purposes is going to shut down this Fall. I am one of the lucky ones though. My last day will be October 31, 2008. It has been a GREAT ride, and like all endings, it is sad. This wasn't just a 'job' for me. It was a 'lifestyle'. Working from home, in my pj's or wet hair, if I wanted, was a luxury that I never once took for granted. Sometimes the hours were longer, the phone calls later and the work grueling, but every single day, no matter what, I was grateful for this opportunity.

I'm not just sad for me. I'm sad for my co-workers and our once fearless leader. I know it probably sounds odd, but most of them I might not even recognize on the street. We have only met in person 2 - 3 times. But, I know their voices. I know their work...I know about their lives. And I will miss those interactions. I will miss this job, like no other job I have ever had.

I don't know what comes next either. This is the third time I have been laid off. Is it a sign? Is it me? Is it just that 'bad luck' that hangs over my head? Or is it just life? Hmmmmm